How to place an image in text using Adobe Illustrator:
- Open a new document in Illustrator.
2. Find the image you want to place in your text and lay it out on your artboard.
3. Place your text on top of the image. The fill and outline does not matter.
4. Align your text up with the area of the image you would like to see in the text.
5. Select the text and image to make a clipping mask. Go to Object > Clipping Mask > Make, or Control + 7 for the shortcut.
Voila! You now have an image in your text to spice up stats, names, just about anything!
TIP: If you would like to move the image around or edit your text, go back to Object > Clipping Mask> Release Mask, or Control + Alt + 7 to release the mask. You can now move your image and text around as you please.